About This Policy
This Policy describes the privacy practices of LUMO Leadership and its subsidiaries, divisions, and affiliates (collectively referred to as “Company,” “our,” or “we”). It applies to our interactions with customers and visitors, including, but not limited to:
- Use of our websites and applications, including mobile websites and applications (collectively, the “Site”).
- Visits to our physical locations or attendance at our events.
- Phone and email communications.
- Interactions on social media platforms, both on our websites and on third-party websites like Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Viewing our online advertisements or emails.
- Interactions with our authorized service providers.
Please read this Policy carefully before using the Site or submitting any information to us. By accessing or visiting the Site, you indicate your understanding that the collection, use, and sharing of your information are subject to the terms of this Policy and our Terms & Conditions (“Terms”). If you do not consent to collecting, using, and sharing your information as described in this Policy, please do not provide us with such information. This Policy does not apply to third-party websites accessible through our Site or other applications.
Personal Information We Collect
We may collect the following categories of personal information (“PI” or “personal information”). If we begin collecting additional categories in the future, we will update this list accordingly.
- Identifiers: This includes real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, or other similar identifiers.
- Other elements: This includes name, signature, characteristics or description, address, telephone number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, and credit card number.
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law include race, religion, and age.
- Commercial information: This includes services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Education information: This includes information that is not publicly available, or personally identifiable, as defined in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. section 1232g, Sec. 1232g; 34 C.F.R. Part 99).
- Internet or other electronic network activity: This includes browsing history, search history, and a consumer’s interaction with an Internet website, application, or advertisement.
- Geolocation data may include location information while using one of our apps.
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information includes identifiable information obtained about you while speaking with our customer service representatives on the telephone.
- Professional or employment-related information: This includes information in your resume(s), references, certifications, licenses, and other similar materials.
- Consumer profile: This includes inferences drawn from any of the information identified above to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, and behaviors.
Purposes for Which We Collect Your Personal Information
We may collect your PI for the following business and/or commercial purposes. If we use your PI for additional or different purposes in the future, we will inform you and obtain your consent as required by applicable law.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill or meet the reason for which the information is provided. For example, if you purchase services from us, we will collect PI related to the provision of those services.
- To contact you and/or provide you with email alerts, event registrations, and other notices concerning our products or services or events or news that may be of interest to you.
- To engage in marketing activities, including helping design products and services appropriate for our clients.
- To communicate with you via social media concerning our products and services.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights, including those arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including billing, payment, and collections.
- To review, improve, and monitor our website, applications, online services, and overall client experience, including providing customization to meet specific needs, ensuring a consistent experience, and assessing clients’ trends, interests, and demands.
- To provide customer service and engage in quality control activities concerning our products and services.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product and service development.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, governmental regulations, or other lawful processes.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise permitted or required under applicable law.
- To process applications for employment, as well as to evaluate and improve our recruiting efforts.
- As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, security, and safety of our business, employees, consumers, information systems, and/or the public.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us is among the assets transferred.
Sources of Personal Information
We may collect your PI from the following sources, among others:
- You: For instance,
- During a website visit, when you complete a web form or visit us at one of our physical locations or events.
- If you upload or share a photo, submit a request, or post other digital content through our websites, applications, or via social media interactions on third-party websites.
- If you register for a referral or loyalty program.
- If you participate in a sweepstake, contest, promotion, program, clinic, or workshop.
- If you request a quote, warranty, or other information.
- If you use a rebate.
- If you apply for or inquire about employment.
- In connection with your interactions with us as a registered user of our websites.
- We may use tracking tools like browser cookies, flash cookies, and web beacons.
- Your friends and family: They may provide your information through our refer-a-friend type features or programs. Those who share such information should only submit email addresses of individuals with whom they have a close personal or family relationship, who would be interested in receiving the communication, and who have authorized the sharing of their email address.
- News outlets.
- Social media and related services.
Sharing Personal Information
We may share the following categories of PI with the following categories of third parties:
Categories of Personal Information Disclosed | Categories of Third Parties to Whom Disclosed
- Other elements
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law
- Commercial information
- Education information
- Internet or other electronic network activity
- Geolocation data
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information
- Biometric information
- Professional or employment-related information
- Consumer profiles
- Third parties as directed by you: We will share your PI with those third parties to whom you direct. For example, if you decide to give our services as a gift, we may include your name.
- Our business partners: We might share your PI with our business partners for purposes of collaborating on providing services to you or to invite you to an event we are organizing. These business partners should also have their own privacy statements that set out how they collect, use, and disclose PI. We encourage you to review each such business partner’s privacy statement before engaging with them.
- Third parties who perform services on our behalf: We share information with certain service providers, including marketing companies, professional service providers, debt collectors, information technology providers, and data storage companies. We may also authorize our service providers to collect PI on our behalf.
- Governmental entities, and legal service providers: We may share your PI to comply with the law and in the course of providing our products and services. We may also disclose information if a government agency or investigatory body submits a request.
- Successors to all or portions of our business: If all or part of our business is sold, we may disclose PI in preparation for or as part of that transaction.
We do not sell your PI, and we do not have actual knowledge that we have sold personal information of minors under the age of 16.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Like most websites and applications, our Site collects some personal information automatically and stores it in log files. This information may include your IP address, browser type, language, internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit pages, operating system, and date/time stamp. We use this information to improve our understanding of and analyze trends, administer the Site, learn about user behavior, and gather demographic information about our user base.
To monitor Site use and improve its quality, we may compile statistical information using analytics services like Google Analytics. This information includes the number of visitors, traffic patterns, time spent on the Site, referral websites, frequently used entry and exit points, and browser and operating system usage.
We may use various software devices, such as cookies, to collect information about your use of our Platform.
- Cookies: These are small files that uniquely identify and recognize your browser or device, collecting certain information automatically. We use different types of cookies:
- Essential or strictly necessary cookies: These are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off. They do not store any personally identifiable information.
- Performance and functionality cookies: These non-essential cookies help the website perform as designed, enabling features like videos or chat sessions.
- Analytics cookies: These track your usage of the website, providing insights into how visitors use the site for customization, advertising, or marketing purposes.
- Advertising cookies: These help customize your website experience, personalize ads, measure ad effectiveness, and serve targeted advertisements.
We use essential, functional, and performance cookies to ensure the Site functions as designed, analytics cookies to understand usage patterns and improve functionality, and advertising cookies to support our advertising and marketing activities.
We may also use web beacons to review how visitors navigate the Site and social media plugins to enable easy information sharing. Please note that we do not control the content from social media plugins.
Do Not Track
Our Site does not currently respond to “Do Not Track” signals, as the Site is not configured to detect such signals from users’ browsers.
Our Sites and Children
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under 13 years of age. We are concerned about the safety of children when they use the internet and will never knowingly request personal information from anyone under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian of a child under 13 believes that the child has provided us with any personal information, the parent or guardian should contact us and request the deletion of this information from our records. If we become aware that we have personal information about a child under 13 in our files, we will delete that information.
We implement reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect personal information within our organization. However, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you believe your interaction with us is no longer secure, please notify us immediately using the contact information below.
Notice to Site Users Located Outside the U.S.
The Company operates in accordance with U.S. laws. When you access our Site from outside the U.S., we may transfer the personal information we collect from you to a location outside of your jurisdiction, including the U.S. The data protection laws in these jurisdictions may provide a different level of protection than those of your jurisdiction. By using this Site, you acknowledge that these laws may provide a different standard of protection, and you consent to the transfer of your personal data to other jurisdictions, including the U.S.*
2820 Selwyn Avenue, Charlotte, NC 28209
From time to time, we may update our privacy policies. We will notify you of any material changes by posting an updated copy on our website. Please check our website periodically for updates.